This is my first droid blog, so hopefully it is not short out of ease frustration.
I LOVE music. Obviously there are genres that I specifically listen to, but I love music. The fact the you can take 2 or more people playing instruments/singing and you can come up with so many styles, variations and types of sounds which create different groups just keeps amazing me. I had always wanted to be in a band, but realize how difficult it is to make it far, or successful in that industry. Not to mention there are so many people out there with far greater talents than I.
I will admit I do not listen to much country, and very little rap, but this does not mean I am not open to it. I am into new age rock more than any other genre of music. Rock in general I have listened to since the mid 90's. I used to listen to heavy metal, and still do on many levels, but realized how closely related it is to the actual rock genre. In fact, most metal bands that were popular in the mid 90's, are pretty much just hard rock bands now.
It is really difficult to pick just one band as my favorite, because there are so many I enjoy listening to at any given time. I would have to say Breaking Benjamin is probably my #1 overall, with Staind being an extremely close 2nd. I have listened to Staind for longer, but only by 2 years. I really enjoy Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, godsmack, Papa Roach, and the newest band on my list, Skillet. There are so many bands that I listen to, tough to write them all right now.
Due to the fact I have a couple guys at work that listen to the same genre I do, I have had the opportunity to hears some newer bands, and learn about some older bands. I had heard of skillet before, but never lsitened to them. I have alsolistened to a band recently who may just jump on the scene, called Down Play. 7th Cycle is a local band with talent, but will probably not make it much farther.
Does music influence me? Yes. It influences me to keep listening. To keep enjoying. Does music influence my actions? Not really. I may get emotionally involved in the songs, but it does not change/lead me to act differently. I believe , if anything, that music can be a scapegoat for people that need a reason to do things. It is unfortunate that suicides happen and the words are to blame. I this the misconception is that the words are what caused the action. I think the reality is the person already had the mind made up, but did not know how to word their feelings, and used someone elses.
Music is one of the more difficult choices I have made, in my life decisions when it comes to the reason why my christian path is difficult. Out of all of the vices in my life music, or mostly the bands I listen to are the hardest to give up. I listen to music that obviously is viewed as non-christian rock, other than Skillet. As dumb as it is, it would be tough to give it up.
Anyway... I could very well talk about music all day, but I am draining the battery on my phone. ROCK ON!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Update: After re-reading this, I have changed my view of the band 7th Cycle. They are a great band, with a bright future. They are versatile, exhibiting the ability to play many types of music. I think with the right outreach, that they can get even bigger. The songs off of their last album, as well as their newest single, have the ability to propel them further.
ReplyDelete